There are various materials used to make dental crowns. We offer 3 different types of crowns we offer:
1. Standard porcelain. This is a porcelain fused to base metal, (pfm), crown. It is white, and looks very much like a real tooth. When your teeth are properly prepared, these crowns will last for many years, They are also the main crowns we use to go over implants. The cost is $270 per crown unit.
2. E.max, all porcelain, metal free crowns. E.max is used for both crowns and veneers. it is a very chip resistant type of porcelain, and has great aesthetics. These crowns cost $365. Veneers cost the sane as the crowns.
3. Zirconium crowns. These crowns are created with the aid of a computer.After the tooth is prepared, a rhree dimensional lase scan is made of the tooth. This information is feed into a cad/cam program in a computer that runs a milling machien. The milling machien then cuts the cap, the inner part of the crown, so that it fits exactly over the tooth, so that the best bond can be made when cementing the crown on. Porcelain is then overlaid onto the zirconium to give it debth and translusence. The result is a crown that has a great seal, and which looks very natural. It should out last other crowns.
Bridges are made by linking crowns together. A missing tooth can be replaced by placing a crown on the teeth on either side of the gap, with a pontic crown attached to these crowns that fills in the missing tooth. A bridge to replace one tooth would be made of three crowns, and so would be a three unit bridge. A four unit bridge would replace two missing teeth, etc. the cost for a bridge is calculated by the number of units by the price of a single crown.
Besides those listed below, we can also get gold crowns, and porcelain fused to gold. However, with the current inflated price of gold on the market, the price of those crowns is very expensive, and not as competative with the prices of the other crowns we offer. The fact is the zirconium crowns are superior to a porcelian fused to gold, and cost more than $100 less. because of this, we don’t get too mant requests for gold.
Crown types: At Implant Art we offer three types of dental crowns, each made with a different material: PFM porcelain, E.max all porcelain, and Zirconium Ceramic. Below is a description of each crown type.
What are dental crowns?
Dental crowns are fixed prosthetic devises used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged tooth. A crown strengthens a damaged tooth while also improving its appearance, shape, and alignment. Crowns are also sometimes placed on top of an implant to provide a tooth-like shape and improve its function. Crowns, porcelain or ceramic, can even be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
We recommend crowns to patients whom may want to:
1. Have a tooth restored to its original size and shape.
2. Supply additional support for a treated tooth an/or prevent a vulnerable tooth from becoming damaged.
3. Cover a discolored or unattractive tooth by restoring it.
4. Attach a bridge by using a tooth as an abutment.
5. Cover and protect a tooth after root canal treatment.